If I backed into my husband's motorcycle, will we have to pay two deductibles?

I was backing out of the garage and I hit my husband's Harley Davidson. Both my car and his bike have damage, but they are covered with different insurance companies. Will my liability pay for the damage to my husband's motorcycle?

May 7, 2017 Clarksville, TN

Neil Richardson

May 7, 2017

If you have collision coverage on both policies then it is likely that the damage will be covered. However, since you two are married your liability will not cover the damage to your husband's motorcycle since you are not unrelated third parties. This basically means that you will probably have to pay the deductible for the motorcycle and also your vehicle if you want both to be repaired.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.