Does homeowners insurance cover damage to interior walls?

So let's just say I have a bit of a temper. I was watching a really frustrating game and my team was looking like a bunch of jabronies. One thing led to another and now I have this huge hole in my living room wall. I'm curious, is this something I could file a claim with my homeowner's insurance on. The hole is pretty substantial and the wall itself seems pretty damaged.

Mar 10, 2017 Toms River, NJ

Neil Richardson

Mar 10, 2017

It's very likely that your insurance company would cover the damage, however, it may not be worth your deductible or the hit to your insurance history to file a claim if you can afford to pay for the repair yourself. I would recommend getting a repair estimate before contacting your insurance company so you have a better understanding of whether or not it is worth filing a claim.

Compare homeowners insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.