Ask An Agent


Get free insurance advice on demand



What insurance do I need for driving for doordash?

Do I need special insurance or “personal vehicle insurance” to cover my expenses if I were to get in a crash as a Door Dash delivery driver? I don’t know whether I need to have commercial insurance or what if I was a Door Dash Delivery driver.

Agent Answer

Ava Lynch

You will need to get a commercial policy since you will be a delivery driver. If you were going to drive for a ride share company you could get a personal auto policy with an endorsement to drive for ride-share. Since you are making deliveries, you do not qualify for this type of policy. Good luck and if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

Was this helpful?

0 0
  • Didn't Find What You Were Looking For?

    Ask us another question and an insurance expert will get back to you with an answer.

Looking to save money on your car insurance?

Learn More