My insurance company has been insuring the wrong car for 3 years

My insurance company has been insuring the wrong car, I have been paying insurance for my old car which I haven't owned now for 3 yrs. Am I entitled to my money back, as my policy should be for my new car, which they were informed of. I have letters stating they have changed this but 3 years later and it's still my old car policy but more expensive. What are my rights?

Jan 15, 2019 Arlington, VA

Ava Lynch

Jan 15, 2019

If you have proof that the car was supposed to be changed three years ago, you should be able to get some kind of compensation. Ultimately, it is up to the insurance company on how they handle billing and policy disputes. You will need to contact your insurance company directly for your policy specific information. If you do not agree with what they say you can always seek legal advice. Good luck and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.