Need international motorcycle insurance

I‘m looking for a motorcycle insurance witch accepts an international driver licenc. I‘m from Switzerland and have only an IDL. I wants to buy a motorcycle in USA and use it during holidays (approximately 6 weeks/year). To register the bike I need an insurance but I don't have an US driving license, only my Swiss driving licence and an International driving license. So I‘m looking for an insurance company which will issue a police on a IDP

Aug 13, 2018 Niagara Falls, NY

Ava Lynch

Aug 13, 2018

There are several companies that will insure you with an International driver's license. Keep in mind most companies will add a surcharge to the policy because they will not be able to verify your driving history. The surcharge will vary by company and typically require you to show proof of your International license. Motorcycle insurance is different from car insurance but there are several companies that will insure your motorcycle. I would start with a company such as Dairyland (who specializes in motorcycles and will accept an international license).  If you have any additional questions don't hesitate to ask.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.