Ask An Agent


Get free insurance advice on demand



How do I prove I am staying in the same address I reported to my car insurance company?

My car insurance is being canceled now because they are not sure I’m staying in the same address that I gave to them. How do I prove I live at the address I gave them?

Agent Answer

Kristine Lee

It depends on the insurance company, but most will accept proof in the form of a utility bill or something similar to prove where you live. I recommend calling your insurance company to find out what documentation they will require to prove your residency and reinstate your policy.

Good luck and if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask. For more information, see our additional resources below.

Was this helpful?

1 0
  • Didn't Find What You Were Looking For?

    Ask us another question and an insurance expert will get back to you with an answer.

Looking to save money on your car insurance?

Learn More