Best Car Insurance for First Responders
What’s the best car insurance for first responders?
A job as a first responder comes with immense responsibility. While others run away from disaster and destruction, you answer the call. As a token of thanks for your hard work, car insurance companies may provide discounted rates that are important to consider when gathering quotes.
Below is how you can find cheap car insurance as a first responder.
Auto insurance discounts for firefighters
Car insurance companies see firefighters as less likely to cause an accident or file a claim while operating a car. Because of this, insurance providers reward firefighters with a special discount.
While it varies by location and insurer, firefighters can expect a 3% to 10% discount on their auto policy by providing proof of affiliation with a fire department.
Stay in touch and subscribe!
Get advice, insights and tips from our newsletter.
Success! Thank you for signing up for our newsletter
Auto insurance discounts for law enforcement officers
Police officers' acute knowledge of the rules of the road makes them prime customers for car insurance companies. Police officers are often rewarded with an occupational insurance discount. Most insurance companies require proof of occupation or proof of membership in a law enforcement organization.
Car insurance discounts for EMTs and paramedics
Insurance companies see first responders as low-maintenance customers. The amount and availability of auto insurance discounts for EMTs and paramedics may depend on your location.
Compare car insurance quotes in just a few minutes.
- Car Insurance for Police Officers
- Car Insurance for the Coast Guard
- Car Insurance for Government Employees
- Car Insurance for EMT and Paramedics
- Car Insurance for Army Personnel
- Car Insurance for Delivery Drivers
- Car Insurance for Unemployed Drivers
- Car Insurance for Nurses
- Car Insurance for Navy Personnel
- Car Insurance for Teachers
About The Zebra
The Zebra is not an insurance company. We publish data-backed, expert-reviewed resources to help consumers make more informed insurance decisions.
- The Zebra’s insurance content is written and reviewed for accuracy by licensed insurance agents.
- The Zebra’s insurance content is not subject to review or alteration by insurance companies or partners.
- The Zebra’s editorial team operates independently of the company’s partnerships and commercialization interests, publishing unbiased information for consumer benefit.
- The auto insurance rates published on The Zebra’s pages are based on a comprehensive analysis of car insurance pricing data, evaluating more than 83 million insurance rates from across the United States.