Where is American Family Insurance available?
American Family insurance
AZ, CO, GA, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, MO, MS, NE, NV, ND, OH, OR, SD, UT, WA, WI
American Family home insurance coverage options
American Family’s homeowners insurance offers the standard suite of coverages for your home, detached structures, personal belongings, loss of use, and liability protection. This carrier also offers some additional coverage options you may add to your policy to further customize your insurance.
Equipment breakdown coverage protects appliances, home systems and smart devices if they are damaged due to mechanical, electrical or pressure system breakdown.
Matching siding protection
If you opt into this coverage, your homeowners policy will replace damaged sections of siding from a covered peril. If you have undamaged siding coverage, American Family will reimburse up to $20,000 of the cost for replacing the remaining undamaged siding so that everything matches.
Sump pump and water backup coverage
If your property is damaged due to water backup or sump pump failure, water backup insurance can put your mind at ease.
Credit theft protection and monitoring
American Family has partnered with CyberScout to offer protection to their policyholders in the event a new credit account is opened in your name, an account is updated or changed, or when a company pulls a hard inquiry into your credit.
American Family homeowners discounts
- Multi-policy: When you bundle home and auto insurance, American Family will offer up to 29% in savings on auto and 20% on homeowners.
- Age of home: If your home is under 15 years old, you may qualify for this discount.
- Renovated home: If you have replaced and updated your plumbing, electrical and/or heating systems in the last 15 years, you may save on your policy.
- Insurance payment discount: Taking advantage of paperless, auto-pay or full payment plans can earn you additional discounts.
- Loyalty discount: Members who have enrolled with American Family for a year or more are offered a loyalty discount on their homeowners policy.
- Generational discount: Members between the ages of 18 and 30 with parents who also have an active American Family policy can save on insurance with this discount.