What coverage do I need if a deer runs into my car?

I was driving down the road when a deer ran right into the passenger side door of my car. There is a huge dent and I'm worried I may not be covered. What coverage do I need for this?

Mar 6, 2017 Greensburg, PA

Neil Richardson

Mar 6, 2017

Animals cause all sorts of damage to vehicles, and not always because someone hits them with their car. Luckily, insurance companies don't discriminate over you hitting an animal or an animal hitting your car. In cases of damage caused by animals, with the exception of hitting a dead animal in the road, comprehensive coverage is what you need. This jack-of-all-trades coverage protects drivers from all sorts of hazards, whether parked or while driving, so check to see if this is included on your policy.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.