Is there a temporary non-owners car insurance for foreign drivers?

I am an international graduate student. I am about to apply for an American driver's license in North Carolina. Before I get my driver's license, I would like to have a non-owners car insurance policy. Am I eligible for this policy as a foreign driver?

May 13, 2019 Durham, NC

Ross Martin

May 13, 2019

As an international student, you do have some options. The Zebra can offer Non-Owner's policies for drivers with a foreign license. We can't quote that online because a car is required, but you can give us a call at 888-807-3823. We will quote you with several companies at once. To qualify for a non-owners policy, you cannot own a car or have a specific car that you drive regularly. Once you purchase a car, you will need to get a regular auto policy. You can also wait to get insurance until you purchase the vehicle and still use your foreign license. Keep in mind, you will need at least the minimum liability requirements for your state.  Here are some further resources that could help:

Good luck and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.