Will my renters policy cover additional living expenses?

Gas leak. No Heat No Gas No Hot Water. I have renter insurance. Does it cover for staying in a hotel temporarily?

Dec 14, 2018 Bronxville, NY

Ava Lynch

Dec 14, 2018

Your renter's insurance policy only covers your personal property and personal liability - not the property or displacement due to an issue with the dwelling. Since it is an issue with the dwelling, your landlord should have coverage for this type of issue on their policy. I would check with the landlord to see if their insurance will cover you being displaced from your home. Good luck and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.