Hallmark Insurance Review
- With 3/5 stars in 2023, Hallmark is an average insurance company.
- Read Hallmark reviews, complaints and prices before you buy.
Hallmark Insurance review
Based in Plano, Texas, Hallmark Financial Services offers a variety of insurance coverage options, primarily in the field of business insurance. The company offers a handful of personal lines coverage options. Hallmark's auto insurance offering is geared toward the non-standard market, consisting of drivers who might have trouble securing coverage from a standard carrier due to a poor credit rating, extensive claims history, or another factor.
Read our review of Hallmark Insurance below to get a better sense of the company’s financial stability, insurance offerings, and overall level of customer satisfaction.
JD Power Rating — Not rated
Financial strength — Good: AM Best gives Hallmark an A-, meaning the company is in good financial standing and will have little difficulty paying out claims.
NAIC Rating — Poor: The National Association of Insurance Commissioners found the company received slightly more complaints than the average insurance company.
Where is Hallmark insurance available?
|Insurance Company||Available states|
|Hallmark||AZ, AR, NV, NM, OK, TN, TX|
Hallmark auto insurance coverage options
Hallmark specializes in state minimum liability coverage, the lowest amount of coverage you can carry while driving legally in that state. Policies are available in one- and six-month terms and policy offerings vary by state. n general, you can expect many of the same coverages found via other auto insurance companies. Optional coverages are listed below:
Hallmark car insurance discounts
While auto insurance discounts vary by state, Hallmark offers policyholders the following opportunities to save money on their insurance premiums:
- Multi-car: Insuring multiple cars on the same policy can lower your rates.
- Homeowner: Homeowners could be eligible for additional savings on their car insurance.
- Recurring payment: Automatic payments can lead to savings.
- Multi-policy: Bundling your car and renters insurance could save you money.
- Prior coverage: A strong history of insurance coverage could give you a better rate.
- Foreign drivers' license: Some savings options may be available to those holding a foreign license.
Weigh your options and get the best value from your next insurance policy.
Additional lines of insurance
Hallmark renters insurance
Hallmark renters insurance provides coverage in 12-month terms in the following states: Arizona, Arkansas, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Texas. While certain coverage options are not available in every state, the general liability limits start at $25,000 but can be increased up to $100,000. Home contents are covered at levels of between $5,000 and $40,000.
Hallmark allows you to customize your renters policy further by increasing your loss settlement value from actual cash value to replacement cost value, which gives you the full amount of money needed to replace your property. Policies also include loss of use, which is equal to 20% of your personal property value.
Hallmark renters policies also have a number of other optional features, including the following:
- Animal liability (sub-limit): $25,000
- An increased limit of up to $5,000 for medical payments to others.
- Identity recovery: $15,000 annual aggregate
- Equipment breakdown coverage up to $50,000 per event
Hallmark renters insurance discounts
Holders of a Hallmark renters insurance policy can receive the following discounts:
- Increased deductible
- Advanced quote
- Protective device
Hallmark personal aircraft insurance
For those in need of coverage for their personal aircraft, Hallmark Insurance has you covered. This coverage is available in all states except Alaska, Vermont, and the District of Columbia. You can get up to $10 million in liability coverage and up to $3 million in aircraft hull protection. Additional liability coverage and a comprehensive endorsement are also available.
Policies cover the following aircraft types:
- Single-engine (standard, experiment, and light sport)
- Multi-engine (piston and turbine)
- Rotorcraft (helicopters and gyrocopters)
Hallmark Insurance online bill-pay and account access
While the company does not offer a mobile app, they do have an online portal in which customers can access their account. There, you can view your policy information, request changes, and set up automatic payments.
Is Hallmark Insurance right for you?
It isn’t often that you find a company that can insure your car, rental unit, and personal aircraft. However, that combination is not likely to be in high demand. If you need a minimum liability auto policy but have a checkered driving history, it might be worth looking into Hallmark Insurance. Similarly, the company's renters insurance could provide adequate coverage for your needs.
It pays to compare rates when looking for an insurance policy. Looking at industry ratings and customer reviews can give you an idea of what to expect as a policyholder. Get free insurance quotes from as many companies as possible to find the best rates on the coverage that is right for your insurance needs. Enter your ZIP code below to get started.
Protect your car with the right coverage at the best value.
About The Zebra
The Zebra is not an insurance company. We publish data-backed, expert-reviewed resources to help consumers make more informed insurance decisions.
- The Zebra’s insurance content is written and reviewed for accuracy by licensed insurance agents.
- The Zebra’s insurance content is not subject to review or alteration by insurance companies or partners.
- The Zebra’s editorial team operates independently of the company’s partnerships and commercialization interests, publishing unbiased information for consumer benefit.
- The auto insurance rates published on The Zebra’s pages are based on a comprehensive analysis of car insurance pricing data, evaluating more than 83 million insurance rates from across the United States.