What do I do if I don't have a car but am required to have an SR22 and an ignition interlock?

I sold my vehicle since my license was suspended after a DUI and I didn't plan on driving until my license was reinstated. What am I supposed to do?

Apr 27, 2017 Leawood, KS

Neil Richardson

Apr 27, 2017

You should be able to purchase a non-owners insurance policy and have an SR22 attached to that policy to meet the state requirement. It would be impossible to install an interlock device if you don't have a vehicle so I would recommend contacting your probation officer or attorney to discuss your options. It's very possible that you were required to have one installed since you owned a vehicle at the time of the violation. You may not be required to have one if you no longer have a vehicle registered to your name.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.