Chubb Insurance Review
- With 4/5 stars in 2023, Chubb is a good insurance company.
- Read Chubb reviews, complaints and prices before you buy.
Chubb Insurance Review
The Masterpiece auto insurance coverage offered by Chubb is designed with the luxury vehicle owner in mind. With a plethora of perks, extensive coverage, and benefits that extend worldwide, it’s easy to see why the company has a devoted customer base.
Chubb Insurance is one of the older insurance companies in the US market, with a history stretching back to 1882. The company has undergone many changes, but it is currently one of the largest publicly traded property and casualty insurers in the world, operating in 54 countries. Read on to find out more about Chubb's coverages and The Zebra’s overall review of the company.
JD Power Rating — Average: JD Power rated Chubb insurance’s independent agents as “about average” overall.
Financial strength — Superior: With a financial rating of “superior,” Chubb’s finances are in great shape. A.M. Best gives the A++ while Standard and Poor’s gives them AA.
NAIC Rating — Excellent: According to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners, Chubb receives far fewer complaints than average.
Chubb Masterpiece auto insurance overview
Chubb Masterpiece auto insurance policies offer a lot of perks to users. You’ll find unique coverage options and higher limits that simply aren’t offered by most car insurance companies.
With Chubb, repairs are made with original manufacturer parts, meaning policyholders aren't stuck with cheap replacements.
With Chubb, you get coverage for your rental car anywhere in the world.
Chubb has some of the highest limits in the industry. You can get up to $10 million in liability coverage and up to $1 million in uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage
As an optional coverage, agreed value coverage allows you to determine the value of your vehicle.
Chubb makes sure to get any personal belongings or sensitive information out of your car.
If you lose your keys, you’ll get your locks replaced with no deductible or other out-of-pocket expenses.
Chubb offers up to $15,000 of rental car reimbursement with no daily limits, meaning you can drive a car as nice as the one you have in the shop.
Instead of picking from a predetermined list of acceptable mechanics, you get to choose the mechanic who fixes your vehicle.
If your pet is injured in an accident, their injuries are covered automatically up to $2,000.
Chubb car insurance discounts
Chubb auto insurance offers a wide array of discounts for eligible drivers. However, bear in mind these discounts may not be available in every location. Check out the list below to see the different ways to save.
- Multi-car: Save by insuring more than one vehicle in the same policy
- Multi-policy: By bundling your car insurance with homeowners, rental, or another type of insurance, you could find significant savings.
- Good student: Students with top grades can save anywhere between 10% to 15% off their premium.
- Anti-theft: Having an alarm system installed can also save you money.
- Anti-lock brakes: With the safety afforded by computerized anti-lock brakes, you could find your rates drop.
- Airbag/passive restraint/daytime running lights: Safety features such as these can lead to lower premiums.
- Defensive driving credit: By signing up for a defensive driving course you can prevent your rates from climbing after a traffic infraction.
Unique insurance coverage options from Chubb
While some of the above coverages are rare amongst other insurers, there are a few things that Chubb offers that you simply won’t find elsewhere.
- Child seat replacement: After a covered loss, your child safety seat can be replaced.
- Auto Technical Specialists: Chubb has a staff of certified collision repair specialists on hand to ensure that any damages are found and properly repaired.
- Multinational claims: You can easily make a claim in 54 different countries, with smooth claim settlements and easy currency transfer.
Additional lines of insurance from Chubb
Chubb has a number of insurance lines aside from auto, including renters and home insurance policies. In fact, it’s difficult to find an insurance product the company doesn't provide.
Here’s a general list of the insurance lines offered by Chubb.
*Unlike many insurers, Chubb directly offers coverage for flood, hurricane, and wildfires, among other natural disasters.
Is Chubb car insurance right for you?
Chubb auto insurance offers some of the most robust coverage out there, especially if you're insuring a Jaguar, Mercedes Benz, Audi, or another high-end vehicle.
That said, most people don’t necessarily need $10 million in liability coverage. Some of the perks and offerings aren’t going to be relevant to a lot of drivers. rates for lesser-expensive vehicles can be higher than with many other carriers. However, if these perks jump out as something you’d appreciate, Chubb could be worth looking at. Chubb’s record of providing high-quality service should be a good indicator of the type of treatment you can expect as a customer.
Compare insurance quotes from top companies!
About The Zebra
The Zebra is not an insurance company. We publish data-backed, expert-reviewed resources to help consumers make more informed insurance decisions.
- The Zebra’s insurance content is written and reviewed for accuracy by licensed insurance agents.
- The Zebra’s insurance content is not subject to review or alteration by insurance companies or partners.
- The Zebra’s editorial team operates independently of the company’s partnerships and commercialization interests, publishing unbiased information for consumer benefit.
- The auto insurance rates published on The Zebra’s pages are based on a comprehensive analysis of car insurance pricing data, evaluating more than 83 million insurance rates from across the United States.